Sunday, June 23, 2013

A Little Americana & Progress

Good morning everyone!  It is a beautiful morning in Ohio.  The sun is out, there is a slight breeze and the humidity hasn't hit yet. I threw all the windows open this morning to air out the house.........wonderful!

I have lots to share today and will warn you, this is picture heavy!

2 new patterns hot off the press to commerate our love of Country.  Lucy Blackwell, My America is a delightful sampler that I've made into a pillow and I've added some silver stars for a little "bling."  

I've stitched Lucy Blackwell on Prairie cloth with Valdani pearl cottons.  The finished size is 10" x 6".  I've also included in the pattern the stitch count, etc. to do the sampler on 28 count linen, if you don't want to do it on the Prairie cloth. 

The Red, White & Blue is a tribute to our American Flag and is a double pattern that includes a very Patriotic sampler and a sweet pillow tuck.
The design for both the sampler and pillow tuck are centered around a couple of 4" x 6" vintage flags that I was fortunate enough to find at a flea market.  "A New Nation" sampler is a 7" x 10" sampler with words from the Gettysburg Address.  "Blessed are We" is a sweet pillow tuck done on 28 count linen with a finished size of 10 1/2" x 4". The verse reads: Blessed are we in the land of the free....America is our Nation.

Both patterns are up on my website under the "Summer" category!

In between working on my patterns, I've been trying to "take back" my flower beds from the weeds........it's really been an uphill battle, but I'm seeing the end in sight!  Thanks to my sister Kim, I have 3 of my 5 beds finished and wanted to share the results.  

Last year I started a new bed in my side yard in an effort to get rid of more grass (I hate to mow)! LOL!  Anyway, here it is from beginning to end.  This is where it all started!
 My son-in-law Danny and my neighbor Mark spent a good portion of their day helping out the "old lady." 
And this was the end result by the end of the weekend........pretty pathetic, I'd say!
Now I owe a huge "thanks" to my sister Kim, who I could not have accomplished this without... this is what it looked like as of last weekend..........
Needless to say, I'm thrilled.  
Next year I'll put in another bed next to the vegetable garden that will all herbs!

Kim was back at my house yesterday to help me with 2 more beds.........this is how they looked before we started........

And 4 hours later....ta da!!!


Ain't it grand!!!  Thank you my sister! Could never have done it without you!  Only 2 beds left..........

In closing, Zoey spent the night at Gramma's last weekend and of course, wore me out!
She is such a little character and a "ham" for the camera! LOL!
Now I need to re-group and start working on a "garden" sampler that I've had in my head for awhile now.......but I have to clean my house first.....yuk!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend and......from wherever you may dwell, I wish you peace and wish you well.

Lee


 
 


 

4 comments:

  1. Lee ~
    Your gardens look wonderful!!! Can I borrow your sister?
    That Zoey sure is a cutie patootie.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful stitchin' creations Lee ~ I haven't got a chance to stitch up the other patterns I got from you ~ but I'm falling in love with the red white and blue pattern.
    You and your sister did a wonderful job on the flower gardens ~ they look lovely!
    Do you want to help me with mine ~ they are pathetic!!!
    Zoey you are a ham just like Grandma says!!!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. sure wish i had found your blog sooner. love your patterns. i bought Maddie's best work a couple of years ago for my grand-daughter but i changed the spelling,her name is spelled Maddy. it turned out beautiful. denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just now found your blog. Now following. The new patterns are so patriotic and pretty :)

    ReplyDelete