Sunday, October 21, 2012

BAD NEWS, GOOD NEWS!

Evening everyone!  I  hope you've all enjoyed a beautiful Fall weekend raking leaves, picking out pumpkins and working on those Halloween costumes!  

So, the BAD news is that the Halloween "booklet" that I've been talking about for the last couple of months has been put on the back burner. I just couldn't put it together this year with everything going on with my sister Robin. 

The GOOD news is that I have 5 new Halloween patterns to share with you that I think you're gonna like!  But first, I have to show you my new Halloween cover.  My daughter Mindy put it together for me and I think it's awesome. I wanted something different for my favorite season and I just love it! Cool huh!


THE HAUNTING SEASON is on my website, so you can get all the details there.  But here is a peek at my new Halloween designs!

 A HALLOWEEN PILLOW TUCK is a whimsical little design done on my favorite Tobacco linen with black threads. 


JUST BATTY PINKEEP & SCISSOR FOB will help keep all your needles, pins and scissors handy as you stitch your way through Halloween!



LILY PICK "MOURNING" PILLOW is a haunting little design in memory of poor Lily Pick....she tried to tell us she was sick!



WITCH PARKING SIGN will give all those witches flying around at Halloween a place to park their brooms!!

A HALLOWEEN PRAYER SAMPLER was taken from an old Scottish proverb, author unknown, and is one of my favorite Halloween verses! "From ghosties and ghoulies and long-legged beasties and things that go bump in the night...may the good Lord deliver us."


And there you have it.....my Halloween designs for 2012!

My Christmas designs are on the drawing board now..... I'll try to give you a little more time to stitch these designs since I didn't give you much time for Halloween!!

Our Zoey is growing like a weed and she wears me out every time I see her!  Here are a couple of pics from the garden this summer.  She loves the chickens and is fasinated with everything she sees in the garden, especially the rocks!!


 We'll be working on her Halloween costume this week.....she's going to be "the littlest punk rocker!"  And yes, there will be pictures!! LOL!

Before I sign off, I wanted to let everyone know that the man who took my sister Robin's life last October was sentenced to 18 years to life on October 12th, exactly 1 year and 1 day from the day she died. So, it is done. We promised her that we would see this through to the end, and we did and now she can rest in peace.......I miss her everyday and I'm grateful for the time I had with her. Moving forward does not mean forgetting.... and we will never forget, but we will move forward now because that is what she would have wanted for us.  

Thank you all for your support and your thoughts and prayers over the last year.  I am so thankful that I have so many friends that care.  God bless you all.

From wherever you may dwell, I wish you peace and wish you well.

Lee












3 comments:

  1. Hello Lee.
    So sorry to hear you didn't get the booklet done, but so many spooktacular halloween designs that you did do!!! Looking forward to those Christmas ones.
    I'm also glad to hear that the trail is over and you can move forward with your life. May Robin rest in Peace now.
    Your right Zoey is growing like a weed ~ so adorable with those chickens. Can't wait to see her cool rocker costume.
    Take Care
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your chickens! My husband has been talking about getting sme in the spring. I'm not sure if its a good thing that CF allows them or not, lol. Can't wait to see your little punk rocker. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello deary, wow they all so beautiful..super cute..
    love your chickens so much..and beautiful zoey..she is looking so happy..
    cant wait to see her costume..
    hugs cucki xx

    ReplyDelete