Sunday, July 8, 2012

STILL HERE!

Hi everyone!  I hope this finds you well and I hope everyone had a safe & happy 4th of July!

I apologize for being gone so long.  I've been feeling very disconnected from everything lately. They have finally set another trial date for the man who took my sister Robin's life, last October.  It is now scheduled for October 2nd and we have been told that this will be it.  There isn't anything else that can postpone it again.......we'll see.  They told us it would take a year and it looks like they weren't kidding.......so we wait.

In the meantime, I am trying to focus on some new patterns and my 1st Halloween Booklet.  So I think some "sneak peeks" are in order!! 

ANNA B & NIANA (like Diana with an "N") is a double pattern with 2 sweet samplers that I'm dedicating to 2 young ladies with a very whimsical sense of humor.   I can't give their story away just yet, but I met both of them in a couple of old books.  I think you will enjoy their writings as much as I have!  Both samplers stitch up quick, fit nicely into 8 x 10 frames and are done in soft blues and muted browns.

ANNA B



 NIANA STORY

 My Halloween Booklet is coming along nicely.  This is one of those things that you think "how hard can this be" and then you're thinking "whose idea was this anyway"!! LOL!  But I'm determined to put it all together and I know it'll be worth the effort.  So here are a few sneak peeks of "The Haunting Season."



My 1st Halloween pattern for this year is called "A Spooky Bellpull" and I decided if we can have Christmas in July we can surely have "Halloween" in July.  This Halloween alphabet is finished into a delightful bellpull complete with a rusty key at the bottom and a knarly old twig as a hanger.  This pattern will be ready to ship in about a week.  I'll post a complete picture & details when it's ready!!


And of course, my blog isn't complete without a few pics of Zoey.  She will be 17 mos. old on the 13th and she is one crazy kid!! I wish there was some way to bottle her energy!  She loves watermelon, her sandbox, anything connected with water, sliding boards and her swing (the higher the better).  What a little character she is! 

Here is mama & Zoey at the zoo!

I call this one "little miss attitude" (she is fasinated with her shadow).


My angel!!


Well, I think that about covers it for now.  It is actually cool out this morning so I'm going to take my second cup of coffee out on the deck and enjoy it while it lasts.

So, from wherever you may dwell, I wish you peace & wish you well.

Lee

4 comments:

  1. I am loving all the sneak peeks of your latest patterns... they look fabulous!
    Zoey is so sweet.... she is as cute as can be!
    Sorry to hear about the trial situation....I can imagine the waiting is dreadful... I hope that the date is not moved again, and that you and your family will find some peace soon... Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! I can't believe she is already 17 months old! I'm excited about your new samplers..LOVE your designs my friend!You have been on my mind alot lately! Prayers for the days ahead until all of this is over...BIG HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lee ~
    I look forward to seeing your new patterns. If only I could find time to stitch...sigh!
    Zoey is absolutely adorable.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to see a post from you, Lee. We really need to get together and stitch a bit. I've been getting to some hooking groups, but haven't done a lot of stitching.

    ReplyDelete