Thursday, July 26, 2012

ANNA B & NIANA

A good evening to you my friends!

Just a quick note to let you know that my new pattern ANNA B & NIANA is done!  This is the double pattern that I've been telling you about and gave you a sneak peek of last weekend.


I met Anna B. Warrick and Niana Story in a couple of old books.   The had both written things inside each book that made me laugh and it inspired me to dedicate a sampler to each of them.

The book belonging to Anna B had her signature in it several times on the back but unfortunately no date or any clue as to where she was from.  Above her signature in the back of the book, she wrote
"if my name you want to see, turn to page 103."  So, I turned to page 103 and written across the top of the page she wrote "you are a fool for looking."  LOL! I thought that was pretty funny.

Anna B




Niana Story came from a little book called The Little Medicine Carrier.  This sweet little book was gifted to Niana by Wilmet Ballentine on the 5th of April, 1907.  They lived in Rumsey, Ky.

In the front of the book Niana wrote "don't steal this book for fear of shame for it in you will find the owners name. And on that judgement day the Lord will say, where is that book you stole away and if you say you do not know, he will say step down below."   What a sense of humor!!

Niana Story


Details for both samplers are on my website.  Both samplers stitch up quickly and are done in muted blues and browns.  I really enjoyed stitching both of them.

I will be concentrating on my Halloween booklet now, I still have a lot to do before I turn everything over to my daughter, Mindy.  She will be doing the layout, editing, etc. getting it ready to send off the printer.  So I'll keep you posted on my progress.  I think you're going to enjoy "The Haunting Season."

From wherever you may dwell, I wish you peace and wish you well...........

Lee

1 comment:

  1. Lee ~
    What wonderful patterns and I love the stories that go with the characters. Did you take those pics in your house? If so, show us more!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete