Sunday, July 29, 2012

A quite morning.....

Morning everyone,

I hope this finds you well and enjoying the end of the weekend.  It is a beautiful morning here in Ohio.  It might be 68.........the windows are open, the birds are singing and the neighborhood is quiet. Life is good!

I've had several people ask to see pictures of my home, so this morning I went around and took some shots.  My living room is still a work in progress.  My TV cabinet is new and my slip covers are new and I haven't gotten around to making the new curtains and pillow covers.  There just aren't enough hours in the day!!

So, here are a couple of shots of my living room!
 


I couldn't keep Lilee out of the picture!  LOL!

My early 1800's shipping trunk is one of my favorite pieces. It looks pretty good for being a couple of hundred years old!
My horse weather vane is another of my very favorite pieces.  
Here is a kitchen shot!  My kitchen is so small that I couldn't get
a full picture unless I'd gone out on the deck and shot the picture
through the window!!  LOL!

My bedroom is in the middle of a re-do, so I'll show pics later when it's finished!  

Yesterday, I picked up a couple of treasures from a barn sale that was given by my son-in-law Danny's parents. I bought this wonderful old cabinet that I'm going to refinish for a night stand next to my bed... $20! Looks pretty rough now but when I get it done I'll do a before and after pic!

Then I bought this wonderful magazine stand...$20!  I have no idea where I'm going to put it, but I just had to have it! 
I also bought a beautiful oak mantle that has an old mirror under it, but it's in the basement and I couldn't get a good picture of it...............so I'll share that later! 

And last, I bought this wonderful cabinet top from a friend of mine in southern Ohio a couple of weeks ago that I absolutely love.
The picture really doesn't do it justice and I still have to decide if I'm going to leave the door as is and stack some quilts inside or if I'm going to put something over the opening like wire mesh or a tin punched panel...........just can't decide!  I'm thinking, I'm liking the quilt idea because it will add some color.........

So, that's about all I have for now.  We got several days of much needed rain and now I have to mow the grass and weed the garden.......I don't think I've mowed in 3 weeks! LOL!  It's amazing how quickly the weeks pop up with just a little rain.

In the meantime.........from wherever you may dwell, I wish you peace and wish you well.

Lee


4 comments:

  1. Lee ~
    Thanks so much for the tour. Everything is wonderful!!! I especially LOVE the weathervane and the cupboard top is terrific. I vote for old quilts displayed inside.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tour, you have some really neat pieces, love the pictures of your home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello dear, its me cucki from south africa.i am a new follower of your blog..
    i love your pattern so much and your blog is so sweet too.
    thank you for the lovely tour..everything is so lovely.
    big hugs cucki xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your living room :-) I love to imagine to stitch with you in this lovely place, one day...

    Big hugs

    ReplyDelete