Saturday, December 10, 2011

One day at a time....

Hey everyone......I hope this finds you well.

We are moving forward one day at a time since the loss of my sister Robin on October 11, 2011.

Some days are good, some not so good. We have started trauma counseling with Victim's Assistance and I know that it will help us all, but I know that it will take time. The holiday's are going to be hard without Robin, but this will be Zoey's 1st Christmas, so that is what we are going to focus on. She is officially crawling and can do 0 to 60 in 4.5 seconds.....LOL! It amazes me how fast she can get across a room! She is quite fasinated with the Christmas tree but was NOT fasinated when she met Santa! She took one look at him and screamed like crazy! But I can't blame her........I thought he looked more like the Grinch!

I have finished the sampler that I designed in my sister Robin's memory. The Robin R. Bailey sampler is dedicated to her strong compassion for animals. The proceeds from the sale of this pattern will be donated to the Summit County Humane Society in Twinsburg, Ohio, in Robin's name, for 1 year.

I made sure this sampler was easy to personalize because I know there are a lot of stitchers out there who rescue also.
The Robin R.Bailey sampler is stitched on 30 count Abcederian linen with a stitch count of 140H x 165W. The finished size is 9 1/2" x 11". The verse reads: "May the lost and abandoned find their way to me, with strength, love and compassion, their champion I will be."

The pattern is now available on my website.

I am working on 2 new Christmas samplers that I probably won't have finished until the end of the month, but better late than never!! I'll let you know as I guess closer to getting them finished.

Before I close, I would like to thank all of you for your many thoughts and prayers. I miss my sister so very much....but having your support makes each day a little bit easier. God bless all of you.

So, from wherever you may dwell, I wish you peace and wish you well..... and a very Merry Christmas.

Lee





5 comments:

  1. Lee ~ I'm glad the trauma counselling is helping, though I know not quickly enough. What a blessing to have Zoe in your lives, she will see you thru some dark days. I must hop over to your website and order your new pattern. I will continue to pray for you, Kim and Erin.
    God Bless ~
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sampler. It is a Beautiful piece. Continued prayers for you and your family. Having a little one around can sure lift the spirits...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear your road is becoming a little bit smoother.
    You sure are going to have a ball with Zoey this Christmas ~ oh the FUN!!!
    Glad to hear you got your sampler on your website and I hope you sell many to honor your sister. It turned out Beautifully!!!
    I will try to do a post as soon as I can ~ Just a little bit busy around here.
    Hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family and friends!!!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dear Lee, I've posted this wonderful sampler in my blog, I really hope it will be your best seller.
    Watch at your e mails :-)

    Hugs my dear xxx-sister
    Isabella

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lee, i just stumbled across your delightful website and i'm in awe of your beautful designs & stitcheries. It led me to your blog and i was deeply saddened & moved to tears as i read about your sister, Robin's, death. I cannot begin to fathom the loss to you and her family, what a caring compassionate woman she was. Robin's sampler is truly fitting and so beautiful, she would love it!
    It's a blessing to have your darling grandaughter who brings joy and laughter, she is such a cutie!
    my heartfelt wishes...Marian

    ReplyDelete