Friday, January 21, 2011

Limping into the New Year

Hello Everyone! I hope you've all started the New Year out well!

I've limped into the New Year after knee surgery on December 17th. I thought by now I would be leaping tall buildings in a single bound...................NOT!!! I tore a tendon in my knee and there was more damage than they expected when they got inside. So they told me it would probably be a good month (from the day of the surgery) before it would be feeling back to normal. I've still got pain, swelling and I'm walking around like a 90 year old woman.....so I called the doctor yesterday and they want to give me a shot of cortisone next week.....I am NOT a happy camper.

The good news is, since I'm trying to stay off of my knee as much as possible, I've had a lot of time to stitch, so I have a sneak peek of 2 new samplers..........

This is Maddie's Sampler......a very sweet sampler that was stitched by a little girl that was trying really hard to do a good job!

And this is The Nettie Perkins Sampler....

Nettie Perkins is actually a distant relative of mine on my dad's side of the family. Over the next couple of months, I'll have 2 more samplers that will center around relatives from the 1800's! I'm hoping to have Maddie and Nettie's samplers up on the website by the first of next week!

I went to my daughter Mindy's ultrasound appointment on Tuesday and saw pictures of my new granddaughter! It was amazing! Mindy is due on February 28th............and I can't believe how fast it is coming up. I just can't wait to meet this little miracle who will be my first grandchild and the first baby in our family in 19 years!

I have ideas on paper for a birth sampler that I'll share when I get all the details!!!

I've also been working on some finished goods for the 3 primitive shows I'll be doing this year. I'll have details on all 3 shows on the website, so don't forget to check out my "events" page.

Before I close I wanted to share some pictures of "the girls"! Willow, Callie and Lilee, always my shadows, bring laughter to my life everyday. It's like having little kids in the house.......you spend a fortune on toys and what do they play with.............paper bags!!! LOL!

And as you can see, it just "dun tuckers them out!!!!"

Take care, stay warm and we'll talk to ya later!

From wherever you may dwell, I wish you peace and wish you well.

Lee




2 comments:

  1. Yup that would be my cats also! They go right for the cardboard boxes or whatever bag comes into the house.
    I didn't see any pictures of the samplers but then blogger does that to me sometimes and I only see the text but I will be looking forward to seeing what you are working on in future posts!
    Sorry to hear about the knee. My sister suffers with knee problems also, lucky for me so far I have been spared. I will pray that it all heals swiftly for you.
    Have a great Saturday with the kitties!
    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lee!..I hope you get back to 100% soon!!!...But what wonderful samplers you have created while mending...I CAN'T wait to see the completed samplers!!..Congratulations on being a grandmother!!!How exciting!!!~~hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete