Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Don't you wish you could sleep like this!

Hi everyone! I hope this finds you well and enjoying this beautiful fall weather. I have to say that I’m not sorry to see the summer go this year! I wish it could just be fall all year long!!

I’ve been pretty busy the last couple of weeks trying to get caught up on stuff and making myself crazy doing it, when I realized that I’m probably never really going to be caught up, so why sweat it!! Does that make sense? So I guess you can only do what you can do and the rest will be there when you’re ready!!

Anyway, I have quite a few things to share!

Through two crazy ladies (Julie & Claudia) that I met at The Spirit of Friends Primitive show that I did back in September, I was introduced to Shelly Hronec who owns a wonderful needlework shop in Strongsville, Ohio called Just Stitching. Shelly called me last week and invited me to do a “trunk show” at her shop for the Northcoast Tour de Stitch shop hop that started on October 8th and goes thru the end of the month! The shop hop includes 7 shops in northeast Ohio! My first trunk show……I still can’t believe it!!

Thank you Shelly, for giving me the opportunity to get my patterns “out there” and thank you Julie & Claudia for your encouragement and support! I owe you guys!!

My daughter Mindy is coming home from California on the 21st for a weeks visit and a couple of baby showers!! My sister Kim and I are giving her a shower on the 23rd at a wonderful local winery called Viking Vineyards. I haven’t seen Mindy since July and she wasn’t really showing yet, so I’m really anxious to see her next week. I can’t believe that I’m finally going to be a grandma!!! Boy is this kid gonna be spoiled!! LOL!

I’ve started working on my Christmas patterns! It’s weird sitting in my sewing room decorated for Halloween and working on Christmas stuff! I’ve got a red work penny rug in the works that will combine cross-stitch and wool appliqué and a couple of festive samplers. I’ll post a couple of sneak peeks in the next couple of weeks!

On a sad note, my Aunt Jane, who I wrote about back in May, when she celebrated her 92nd birthday, passed away at the end of September. She was my dad’s youngest sister and was very ill as a child and she outlived my dad and both of her sisters. She was the last of her generation and the good Lord will have his hands full with that bunch, I can assure you. What characters they all were. We will miss you Aunt Jane. We love you.

That’s about it for now! I’ve bent your ear long enough………so from wherever you may dwell, I wish you peace and wish you well………..

Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment