Sunday, July 18, 2010

LOTS OF NEWS

Good Morning everyone! It's 6:30 am on Sunday and I woke up to an actually "cool" morning! All the windows are open, the neighborhood is quiet and "the girls" are napping. Perfect time to share my news!

First off ..... I'M GOING TO BE A GRANDMA!!! My daughter Mindy is pregnant and is due mid February! This will be my first grand child and I'm so excited I can't stand it! The only problem is that Mindy and her husband Dan moved to Burbank, California back in March. This is going to be really, really hard for me with her so far away! But as she is constantly telling me "mom, it's only a 4 hour flight"! LOL! Anyway, Mindy is coming home this Wednesday for a visit. I haven't seen her since they left in March. I miss her so much......I can't wait to see her!

My second bit of news is that we're going to be doing our first primitive show in September! We tried to put together a trip to Lori's Gathering of Primitive Friends, but just couldn't do it this year. So we thought we'd try something closer to home. We will be showing at The Spirit of Friends show in Lucas, Ohio at Malabar Farms.

We went to this show last year and it was wonderful! So I got in touch with Carolyn Thornton and Julie Thornton from Black Cat Primitives, who runs the show, and voila'..... we're in!!

We're really excited, but scared to death because we've never done this before! LOL! We'll have some new fall/halloween patterns to present at the show along with lots of primitive goodies! My fingers will probably fall off by the time we're ready!!

Thank you Carolyn and Julie for giving us a shot! Check out Black Cat Primitives and the Spirit of Friends show when you get a chance! And if anyone out there has any advise on doing a show, PLEASE pass it along. We don't even know how many patterns we should bring! LOL!

That's my news for the day! I'm going to have another cup of coffee and enjoy the "cool" while it lasts. The only good thing about it being so hot is that you have a good excuse to stay inside and stitch all day!!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!.

Until then......from wherever you may dwell, I wish you peace and wish you well.

Lee








1 comment:

  1. Hi Lee!..How exciting!!..A new grand angel baby and a primitive show...I still remember 3 yrs ago when I had my little Luke...I had just turned 40 two weeks earlier and already had a 16 year old....I miss my little baby as he is a 3 year old and a bundle of energy now...So enjoy every step with your daughter through this experience even though she is far away..

    And congrats on your primitive show...I wish there were more of them...I did shows for 15 years and miss them in the Fall...If I was nearby I'd definitely be there to meet you and load up on some patterns...

    Have a great week!!~~hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete