Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Mother Lode

Hi everyone! I hope you are all keeping cool! It was 87 here yesterday and the humidity was thru the roof.This morning was wonderfully cool, but that changed at noon, we're back up to 87 again!!! LOL!

My sister Kim and I did some running around yesterday and decided to stop at this great little shop called "Pieces." We hadn't be in for awhile and we decided to see how much trouble we could get into!

Well, I feel like I hit the mother load. Look at the wonderful wooden bowls I found! I'm so excited! I NEVER find good stuff like this!

And then if that wasn't enough, take a look at this beauty!

What a wonderful old primitive bowl! I paid $15 for it............had to have it!!

From there we stopped at Goodwill and I found a few more goodies. Check it out!
I think the napkin/utensil holder will make a nice organizer for my desk. When I saw the little 4 drawer chest, I could see it painted black with a white star on the top, sitting on my end table. It's funny how you see something and immediately know what you will do with it and where it will go! The unpainted wooden tray will also be black and will hold some wonderful vintage needlework supplies that I've been saving! I'll post some pics of before and after, later.

And last but not least, I found this little wooden basket and 4 small white frames.
The wooden basket is now barn red. Tucked inside is a blue frame that surrounds a sweet little 4th of July sampler, along with a wonderful little patriotic pin keep! The "Freedom Basket" will be available on my website on Tuesday, under finished goods at fallingstarprimitives.com.

I will also have a new pattern under "Seasonal" called "Independence Day." It is the pattern for the 4th of July sampler and the patriotic pin keep shown in the "Freedom Basket" along with a sweet little pillow proclaiming "Liberty." I know that the 4th is just around the corner, but these wonderful little designs stitch up quick!

And I know that I have to peddle faster..........people are already thinking about Fall and Halloween!! Good grief!!

That's it for now............I have samplers "baking" on the deck and bowls to be painted!

Until later........from wherever you may dwell, I wish you peace and wish you well!

Lee

P.S. Happy Father's Day dad..............I miss you everyday.



No comments:

Post a Comment