Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My First Post

Hi! My name is Lee Morrison, I’m from Ohio and welcome to my blog!

I’m kind of late jumping on the bandwagon to start a blog. I’ve been following a dozen or so primitive bloggers now for about 6 months and I never imagined there were so many women out there who are so passionate about primitive needlework! I’ve become addicted to checking in everyday to see what’s new with everyone. It is definitely food for the soul!

I stitched my 1st sampler in 1981 and I haven’t stopped since. Over the course of the last 29 years I’ve done it all. Cross-stitch, rug hooking, needle punch, wool appliqué, needle turn appliqué and quilting (which I’m just not very good at, but I love quilts). Cross-stitch, rug hooking and wool appliqué are my favorites. A day doesn’t go by that I don’t have a needle or hook in my hand at some point, even if it’s just for a few minutes. Addictions are like that, ya know!!

A year ago April, I went on a road trip with my 2 best stitching buddies to a quilt shop in Wisconsin. We left, truly inspired and on the way home we decided to try our hand at designing our own patterns. We discovered that this is NOT for the faint of heart and we have a whole new respect for all the women out there who do this.

How hard could it be to write down how to make something? Good grief! I never imagined what a huge thought process this can be and how time consuming it is.

So a year later, in between working full time, taking care of our families and rescuing kitties from the Humane society (I have 3), we have launched our website for FALLING STAR PRIMITIVES. It is very exciting and very scary at the same time, not knowing how it will be received.

We have been fortunate in that my daughter is a graphic designer and my son does web design. My 2 best stitching buddies, Cindy Stutzman and Lonna McQuaid are both very creative and they do amazing needlework. And it helps that all of these people are just a little crazy!!
Please check out our website at fallingstarprimitives.com, when you have a minute and let us know what you think. Any feedback you can give us is greatly appreciated!

Thank you for spending some time with me! I look forward to talking to you soon!

Until then….. from wherever you may dwell, I wish you peace and wish you well.

Lee

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the launching of your site! With the talent that the three of you have there is no doubt that this should catch on quickly! Good Luck and I look forward to seeing new patterns and finished product in the near future!

    ReplyDelete